How can I add an additional adult dependant?
Yes, you may add the following as an additional adult dependant:
- An additional adult—an unemployed child who is 21 years or older and dependent on you for financial care and support. You will need to provide the Fund with an affidavit to this effect.
Please note that you pay child rates for children under the age of 21 and adult rates for children over the age of 21, unless they are mentally or physically disabled.
- Parents of a principal (main) member —you may register your mother and father, if they are legally dependent on you for financial care and support and earn less than the maximum of a social pension per month. You will need to provide the Fund with an affidavit to this effect, and submit to your HR department.
- Your ex-spouse may be registered as an additional adult dependant under the following circumstances:
- There must be a legal obligation on you in terms of the divorce settlement to provide your ex-spouse with medical scheme benefits, and your ex-spouse must remain unmarried.
- Upon the death of the principal member.